I live in a one bedroom and one bathroom apartment in Washington Square West. I found my apartment on Craigslist. It has a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and backyard.
Washington Square West is a fantastic place to live. The neighborhood is residential, filled with historic brownstones, and brimming with personality. It is surrounded by other great neighborhoods, like Bella Vista, Queen Village, the Gayborhood, and Center City.
I love this neighborhood because of the food and location. I’m two blocks from Acme and Whole Foods on South Street. I am surrounded by great restaurants. To name a few: Crybaby Pasta, Angelo’s Pizzeria, Little Italy, Little Nonna’s, Emmy Squared, Nomad, Woodrow’s Sandwich Shop, and BAP. They’re all so good! Bon Apetit ranked the cheesesteak from Woodrow’s as the third best one in the city. You seriously have to try it!
The neighborhood is within walking distance to other great places, like Queen Village, Center City, Old City, Bella Vista, Fitler Square, you name it. I’m close to the best parts of the city, but far enough where it’s not overwhelming.
It’s also an easy commute to campus. I walk around 10 minutes to the Broad Street Line. Then, I ride the Broad Street Line for about 10 minutes, which takes me almost directly outside the law school.
Fast Facts | The Best Place For:
- Grocery Shopping: Acme and Whole Foods on South Street (I’m two blocks away from both!)
- Coffee: Lombard Cafe, Good Karma Cafe, Bower Cafe, and Greenstreet.
- Drinks: Brauhaus Schmitz, Locust Bar, Tattooed Mom
- Dinner: Crybaby Pasta, Angelo’s Pizzeria, Nomad Pizza, Little Nonna’s, Emmy Squared, Little Italy Pizza, Woodrow’s Sandwich Shop (Please get the cheesesteak!)
- Dessert: Anthony’s Italian Coffee and Chocolate House (Please get a cannoli!)
- Studying: Good Karma Cafe
- Fresh Air: Washington Square