In this issue you will find important information about the following topics listed below.
- 2019 D.C. Law and Public Policy Program – Application Now Open!
- Office of Career Services – Practice Area Week – Plan to Attend a Panel Discussion
- Register to Vote in Pennsylvania – Deadline October 9th
- Interested in Space Law? Apply for a weekend conference!
- Do you use Westlaw? Attend the Research Training to Improve Research Skills – October 3rd
- Law Student Mental Health Day – Breakfast Sponsored by Ballard Sphar LLP – 10/10/18 – RSVP
- Volunteers needed for Temple Mock Trial – November 3 & 4, 2018
- Save the Date: Eagles Watch Party – October 7th in the 3rd Floor Lounge at Barrack Hall – RSVP!
- FBI Internships – Deadline to Apply October 14, 2018
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Student Membership Application – Please Consider Joining
2019 Application Open! 2019 Summer D.C. Law & Public Policy Program
The application period for the D.C. Law and Public Policy Program is now open for 2L, 2LE and 3LE classes. The priority deadline is November 20, 2018, and the final deadline is January 25, 2019. Apply early! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and space is limited. If you have questions about the program, please email Prof. Nancy Knauer at email@example.com. The CPM posting can be found here.
Office of Career Services – “Practice Area Week” – October 1st-4th
Public Interest Panel – October 1, 2018, 12:00-1:00 pm – K1D
- Join OCS and a panel of public interest attorneys for a discussion on careers in public interest law.
Litigation Panel – October 3, 2018, 12:00-1:00 pm – K1D
- Join the OCS and a panel of litigation attorneys from large, medium and small firm practice for a discussion about litigation careers and career paths.
Transactional Panel – October 4, 2018, 12:00-1:00 pm – K1E
- Join OCS and a panel of attorneys specializing in various areas of transactional practice for a discussions about transactional work and career paths.
Public Interest & Pro Bono Information Session – 10/3/2018, 12-1 pm, K6A
- Learn about volunteer opportunities on campus and beyond directly from legal service organizations here in Philadelphia. Information about current project and upcoming training events will be provided.
Register to Vote for November Elections
Interested in Space Law?
This Space Law Network will fund legal internships at NASA, as well as bring students from all over the U.S. to numerous national conferences, where they’ll hear from leading scholars. One such conference is coming up and interested students should consider attending. A scholarship is available and the application for the scholarship can be found here. To learn more about the event, which will be held in New York City, October 18-20, 2018 click here.
Do you use Westlaw? Plan to Attend the 1L Research Training Session 10/3/18
Improve your research skills with Westlaw Training on October 3rd from 12:00 to 1:00 pm in Klein 2A. Lunch will be served. Questions? Contact Mai Le at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there.
Law Student Mental Health Day – October 10th – Save the Date
Law Student Mental Health Week is coming up. On October 10th Ballard Sphar LLP will host breakfast (avocado toast and a juice bar) to commemorate Law Student Mental Health Day. The breakfast will take place from 10AM – 11AM. Dean Mandel will begin the day and the breakfast with brief remarks. Please plan to attend at 10AM. RSVP to email@example.com.
Temple Mock Trial – Volunteers Needed for November 3-4, 2018
Volunteer judges are needed for Temple’s collegiate invitational tournament. The tournament will be held on November 3 and 4th at Temple University Beasley School of Law. Sign up to be a judge here. We hope you can volunteer your time to this terrific event!
Community Event: Eagles Watch Party October 7th 4PM
You are invited to take a break from studying, grab some pizza, and cheer on the Eagles on Sunday October 7th from 4-7:30PM in the 3rd Floor Lounge in Barrack Hall. Please RSVP to Britt Walden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FBI – Internship Positions – Deadline to Apply 10/14/18
The FBI is seeing legal interns. This opportunity is posted on the CPM but is not yet visible to our 1L students so we wanted to mention it here. The Deadline for applications is October 14, 2018. Please note that we are allowed to announce this position to 1L and upper level students because NALP makes an exception for positions involving background checks. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Pennsylvania Bar Association – Student Membership
The Pennsylvania Bar Association is a wonderful organization and student membership is free of charge. The PBA provides students the opportunity to gain valuable professional experiences through involvement in our sections and committees, engagement with practicing lawyers and members of the judiciary, and participating in our service projects such as Wills for Heroes, the High School Mock Trial Competition and our soon-to-be launched Constitution initiative. Our new E-Mentorship Program between the Young Lawyers Division and our law student members will provide another avenue for students to gain additional support and professional growth through contact with practicing, successful attorneys who are not too far out of law school themselves. The PBA law student application is available online and you can access the application here: http://www.pabar.org/site/