Temple Law School Center for Compliance and Ethics Presents
Women Leaders in Compliance and Ethics
An event for women working in or interested in pursuing a career in compliance and ethics.
June 12, 2019 | 8:30 AM – 11:15 AM
1 PA CLE (Substantive)
The Union League
140 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Compliance and ethics as a discipline presents unique opportunities for women to advance into senior leadership roles, and research has shown that across industries, women in compliance and ethics positions thrive. In this half-day executive education seminar hosted by Temple Law’s Center for Compliance and Ethics, women in senior roles share their wisdom on succeeding in this diverse, challenging, and richly rewarding field.
Breakfast and networking concluding with welcome remarks and event introduction
Welcome remarks by Kris Curry, Principal, Forensic & Integrity Services, Ernst & Young
- Building a culture of compliance and ethics
- Establishing business partnerships
- Data analytics and program effectiveness
- Emerging risks
- Alison Tanchyk, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius
- Susan Williamson, Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Endo International
- Maya Nayak, General Counsel, City of Philadelphia Board of Ethics
- Sarah Green, Chief Financial Crimes Officer, Vanguard
- Robin Holts, Assistant Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Lincoln Financial Retirement Plan Services
10:00 – 10:15 AM
Coffee Break and Networking
10:15 – 11:00 AM
- Navigating careers in compliance and ethics
- Interacting with Board of Directors
- Importance of mentors and mentoring
- Margaret Cassidy, Esq., Cassidy Law PLLC, Chair of the ABA Business Law Section Corporate Compliance Committee and adjunct faculty at George Washington School of Law
- Jennifer Heller, Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Deputy General Counsel for Comcast Corporation
- Catherine Healy Kanzler, Head of Global Compliance Operations, Olympus Corporation
- Tamsin Fast, Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Aramark
- Janet Holcombe, Vice President, Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Lisa C. Detwiler, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, FS2 Capital Partners LLC
11:00 – 11:15 AM
JoAnne Epps, Executive Vice President and Provost, Temple University
Planning to attend?
Registration for this event is now closed.
About the Center for Compliance and Ethics
The Center for Compliance and Ethics seeks to improve the understanding and practice of compliance across disciplines and industries through educational programming, public-private sector dialogue, and research. Established in 2015, the Center offers foundational and specialized compliance courses, guided research and experiential learning, and summer fellowships in the private and public sectors for students as well as executive education programs for compliance, legal and finance professionals focused on U.S. healthcare and international compliance. The Center publishes current and emerging scholarship from legal studies, economics, management studies, social sciences, and humanities related to compliance and ethics, and hosts both academic presentations on compliance and ethics and dialogues between leading regulators and industry leaders.