The Center for International Law at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago sponsors the Global Markets Law Journal Writing Competition to encourage outstanding student scholarship that promotes greater interest in, and understanding of, the law of capital markets.
The John Marshall Law School Global Markets Law Journal invites JD and LL.M. students at all U.S. law schools to participate in this writing competition.
Please submit an original essay on a topic of your choice that addresses some aspect of the law of capital markets, including securities, commodities, futures, options, derivatives, and related issues.
The author of the winning essay will receive a cash prize of $3,000. The first runner-up will receive $1,500 and the second runner-up will receive $500. The winning essays will be published in the summer 2014 volume of The John Marshall Law School Global Markets Law Journal.
The essay must be an original work. Each entrant is limited to one entry only. The essay must not currently be under consideration for publication by any other publication or have been compensated by another publisher.
• All entries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference
“Global Markets Law Journal Writing Competition” in the subject line.
• The paper should be in Word, double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font on
8.5” x 11” paper with one-inch margins. Papers must be submitted with endnotes.
• Entries should be between 25–30 pages long, not including endnotes.
• Endnotes and citations should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
• Please visit the Writing Competition website to download the Writing Competition cover
sheet at http://globalmarkets.jmls.edu/competition
All entries must be received by midnight, Central Standard Time, on Friday, February 15, 2014. Incomplete submissions or submissions submitted after this time and date will not be considered.
The Center for International Law will notify all authors via email within seven days that their submissions have been received. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2014.